Saturday 4 July 2015

This afternoons highlights.

 When the glimmer of fine weather broke this afternoon and I had time on my hands, I headed back down the Don (Scotch est. dene). As expected the water level here was a tad on the high side, which kind of made for some great entertainment.
 From the 3 main ovipositing places seen a few days back, only one had a small scrap of surface weed on show today- which obviously was a highly sort after bit of turf.
 My first Small copper of the year from the same place above.. tatty but great to see.

Dropped into Testoes pond in Boldon after visiting the Don. My first visit here for a while.
 The usual Dam's around here and about 6 larger Drags. near the matchbox building. Including this 4 spot chaser that defended its patch from a stick stuck in the mud here.
 I didn't really check this site too well last year, so was pleased to see this Black-tailed skimmer here today, first for me for 2 years here.
In the wheel..

No comments:

Post a Comment