Saturday 30 December 2017

Just a few pics and words from this year ;-)

 It started with a 'twitch' more or less when the Pacific diver showed well in Drurigde bay cp.
 Still 'ower the water' (only just ;-) I sight I will never forget...A Glauc.gull being robbed by a Great blacked backed.
 Dipped the one in Marine park a few times...Iceland gull, North Shields.
 Long-toes on the Don banks earlier this year.
 Rare visit over Weardale.
 Couple of Jarrows finest
 Ain't had the pleasure of a Goldcrest preening like this before! ..almost glued to the spot. (just exhausted migrants normally)
 And then its getting lower than a snakes belly time ;-) first Common blue of the year and just waking up.

 Well I couldn't leave these little bettlers out in ST  post... especially after recording them at 3 different sites this year. (Dingy skipper) there's more I'm sure to be found and reported. ;-)
 Mating Small Coppers in Jarrow, first time I've been lucky enough to see this.
 And its been a canny year for the Banded demoiselles compared to last year.
 Small heath
 Short interlude...Washington WWT . Nice company from the wader lake hide

 Ok...couple more butterflies.  Ringlet- fresh. and Coma below.
 Flying bombs. Cannot better Marsden bay for action,sound and smell in the breeding season along our coastline. Love and protect always!!
 Slip-slidding away, wrong ledge. ;-)
 I'll keep this one brief...'Terns' (not like me )
 Pretty average this year again number wise- but I'm pleased to see Sandhaven does have more folks reporting sightings this year on twitter etc. Great stuff ! spread the joy!
 My best count was 3 adult Rosy and 2 juvs on a visit this August. ..nowt better than sitting with terns. Gutted when I was house-bound in the latter-half of the this season.
 This Juv. Cuckoo didn't half give good views in Trow .
 The Whitburn Bee-eater above the wooden viewing screen .
 And this 'puddle duck' by the pier.

No comments:

Post a Comment