Monday 13 February 2012

Ice surprise this morning.

On the return leg of this mornings pretty fruitless dog walk I scanned the gulls "again" in Marine park. At last my first white winger for this site showed in the form of a Iceland gull which was bathing in the centre of the lake at first. Then after a short while it gave stunning views on the lake edge.



Bliss!!!













Off onto the small section of ice left for a preen









Ive got the bird down as a near adult because of the bill, I would welcome any one's thoughts on this.











Fly-by of the cafe..













After about 20 minutes of watching the bird I left feeling over joyed at seeing a Iceland gull actually landed on ST turf this year and especially on a patch I walk often.















No comments:

Post a Comment