Sunday 1 June 2014

A few shots from this week...

 Nowt birdy wise worth posting ...Dipped the Jarra shrike and Cuckoo in the coastal park later yesterday afternoon.Added bonus at Jarra was seeing 11 Shelduck duckling's on what is left of the slake by the Nissan car terminal, along with a young pecker making a canny din from a nest hole along the Don. This Painted lady was a consolation prize whilst searching for Cuckoo in the coastal park yesterday. It could well be my only one of the year, if last year is anything to go by.
 I'm still trying to get to 'grips' with a macro lens, which is great if you can get close enough to the subject matter! more often than not I've found it's not a easy task, plus it involves getting ya knees wet often....(Painted lady taken with the 400mm). Green-veined white above.
 A very obliging subject today in the form of a Peacock  
 I seen my first Small heath of the year on the wing a week or so ago.
 There's been some good news of late on the Dingy skipper front in South Tyneside. I picked up 10 around the area set aside for them in Colliery wood, Boldon last Sunday, 2 of which were in a area new to me for them. Recorded 6 yesterday on Jackies beach and there's been 2 records( one observer added a photo) over the last week of sightings in Marsden old quarry, which are a first for this site I believe.
 Blue tailed dam.
 Common blue dam.
 Large Red dams. Corrections welcomed, still very much a learning curve with Dragonflies etc.
 Wall Browns
Speckled wood from the week before.

No comments:

Post a Comment