Sunday 3 August 2014

Just a few from the pier visits over the last couple of weeks.

 I've had a canny few short visits here over the last 3 weeks or so, just popping down for a hour or so when and if I could. As most know who view this blog its a special time of year on this local patch for myself, and many other locals and visitors alike who love seeing terns away from breeding sites relatively close( at times!) in the field so too speak.
Number's visiting Sandhaven haven't been too impressive to date...( these are my findings. hopefully some folk have faired better). I ain't reached over 20 Sandwich terns as yet, and doubt I will now landed here this year unless there's a 'big drop in' now.
Common tern numbers (3 shots above) .. As always the terns to entertain us here with sometimes 'Farne type views' . Best count so far...up to 80.
 Arctic's recorded on 3 visits, twice with 5 adults...nee bairns as yet.(top pic)
And yesterday two Little terns graced the beach, an adult and Juv. joined the terns rested up here...(.love the beach when the sun god doesn't smile too well ;-) )  Only seen Little terns on the beach here 3 times in a canny few years visits so it was a tad special in my eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment