Wednesday 25 April 2012

Bunt hunt

Its there...honest!
 After yesterdays fruitless try for the Corn Bunting at Wellands farm area I had almost give up on the bird.Today I was supposed to be doing a few jobs to earn extra pass outs...that was until Mr Mc. rang with the news he had seen the bird on the farm buildings roof!. ...."Time to walk the dog again I thought" and did!.
After about 30 minutes at the farm area I was about to give up, but the bird eventually showed in the hedgerow just to the north of here and began calling. Its been a long time since Ive seen one of these Buntings in ST.
Today's visit here also got me my 2 first House Martins of the year which dropped over the rape fields along with loads of Swallows and Sand Martins.
 Nope its not the ST bird...but what one looks like a bit closer.(taken at Bempton a couple of years back).
 My first male Orange tip butterfly of the year yesterday at Wellands farm and also first Grasshopper warbler of the year reeling away.
Flats still has the drake Garganey along with 7 Black-Tailed Godwits today of note (and a pair of Gadwall).

No comments:

Post a Comment